Re: Billups/Sprewell and more

Erik:

Are you saying that Sprewell has no responsibilty for his behavior?  Did PJ
"make" Sprewell assualt him?  You seem to ignore that what he did is criminal
behavior.  If I were PJ, I would have a warrant sworn out on him.  Your
statement is the type of excuses made for athletes that creates this type of
arrogance.  Sprewell should be in jail right now.  His behavior can not be
blamed on PJ, no matter what an ass he is.  I hope you really don't mean this.
If you mean to say that PJ is an ass and can't get along with players, that may
be true.  But that doesn't justify two (2) physical attacks on your head coach.

When my children tell me that they "hit" their brother or sister because of
what the other did, I end that line of thought and tell them, that they are
responsible for their own behavior regardless of what the brother/sister did.
I think that is true for Sprewell as well.  I do not think that we should
justify any of his behavior by saying that PJ "made" him do it.

I believe that Sprewell must have some significant underlying emotional or
behavioral problem and this is just a syptom of his problem.  That doesn't mean
that PJ is "OK" because I don't know him at all.  But, I think Sprewell has
some problem that runs deeper than we know.  Someone had a post about Hardaway
saying he wants to stay away from Sprewell, is there a source for that and what
is that history.

Earlier tonight, I made reference to the Celtics have a history of "saving"
players who have a reputation as being "problems."  I mentioned DJ and Chief.
I think Charlie Scott was one as well.  But I do not think that any of them
ever struck their coach during practice and assualted the assistant coaches as
well.  I really think the Celtics should stay as far away as possible from
Sprewell.  Besides, he hasn't shown he can win.  If we are going to trade any
of the fine young players we have, Billups included, then we should trade for
Pippin.  And I think that may be what Pitino has in mind.  Otherwise, we need
to nurture these players and resign them.  I vote for long term developement
over trades for players like Pippin.

Erik A. Estes wrote:

> <snip>Obviously, Spre was wrong in what he did, but it seems like a lot of
> people
> have had a problem dealing with PJ.  I'd say the problem is PJ, not Spre.

- --

Peace,

Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net