Re: Just a trade thought.

Billups possibly could get us McDyess, but I would think Denver could get
more, but the point is where they could use the help.  As rumored in the "5
team trade" I would not be surprised to see Antoine Walker gone by year end
for a Mcdyess, Vin Baker, Rasheed Wallace , or Joe Smith type.  Pitino
knows him as well as anyone,  and if he does not think he can become the
dedicated team player, he will move him before he has to go through the
re-signing process as he did with Eric Williams another .

IMO Barros can not play the point,  and Barros & Edney still leave us
vulnerable due to their size and lack of consistent outside shooting
ability.

- ----------
> From: damekmo@teleport.com
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Just a trade thought.
> Date: Friday, August 29, 1997 9:26 PM
>
> Didn't the Nuggets want to draft Billups something fierce? How close are
> contract #'s for Billups and McDyess? I keep thinking that Pitino can't
> stop at two draft picks, a bunch of so-so big men, a short back-up point
> guard, and one very good small forward. He can't believe that all this,
> plus last year's rubble and Antoine Walker give him a shot at the
> playoffs....or even .500....can he? All signs indicate McDyess and
Garnett