Is it just me?

Hi Folks,

After a brief hiatus from the list (I moved from Australia to New York), I am
finally back on my beloved Celtics list. I was not much of a contributor from
the other side of the world but I shall try to be of a little more assistance
from now on.

Down to business....Is is just me or does there seem to be even more money
these days being paid on "potential." There will always be teams trying to
improve themselves by signing an athlete with "potential" but there seems to
be big money headed towards the McDyess/Garnett/Joe Smith's of the NBA.
Granted these players have displayed a great deal of you guessed
it...."potential" and have proved that they have some talent, but spending
100 million $$$'s on these folks???

Our own Celtics will probably be the victims of this situation in two season
when 'Toine becomes a free agent. One can only hope that by this stage,
(maybe by the failure of big salaried "potential" players), that these
"potential" contracts have settled down.

Any thoughts??

Simon Kean