Fox, etc.

Reading the notes from the Lakers signing of Fox, I noted his =
frustration of playing for the Celtics during the recent years of =
losing.  Poor Baby!  I feel very confident that the Lakers will aspire =
to relative success in the next couple of years, but the C's have the =
makings of a total package to rise to a level of success greater than =
the Lakers.  When it comes to winning another NBA title the Celtics will =
be there sooner.  Well, isn't what this is all about?

It must be the summer heat, because I truly believe this.  Will all the =
other distractions in La La Land, getting these boys to make it all the =
way is just not likely.  Look at all the head cases on this roster; =
Shaq, Van Exel, Horry (again poor baby), and Campbell (Hello wake up!).  =
Of the lot of course Shaq is a great talent, but he has already proven =
he can be distracted.  Isn't it about time he appeared in a Naked Gun =
movie, or an episode of Urkel?  I do like Eddie Jones' game, but he is =
no star.

Look back at the Champions of the league, every team had a true LEADER, =
and for all his ability (RP) it can't be the coach.  This was downfall =
(other than MJ) of Seattle and the Magic with Shaq.  No Laker will =
assume the post; Van Exel ( puhlease).  You have to have the respect of =
the league and the refs, and he lost that a few years back.  Of course a =
member of the Celtics is going to have assume the throne and drive this =
team on the floor.

A question worth pondering; Who will the be the floor leader, the heart =
and soul of this team? Bird did it the 80's, Hondo in the 70's, and =
Russell in the 60's.  They don't have to be a top 5 superstar (Hondo =
certainly wasn't), but they do have to put 11 guys on their back and =
carry them for the critical playoff run.  Who will it be; Billups, =
Mercer, Mills, Brown or Walker?
I believe in Dee Brown, and think he can rise up and make the =
difference.

And as a final thought, we do not want Garnett, do we?  Is this guy =
coacheable?  Is Mcdyss all he is written about.  I don't like the idea =
of potentially cleaning house for one of the great FA class of 98.  =
Remember to give thanks to those who labored before us this holiday.