Re: latest moves

>           Personally, I like the deal. I think we all have a tendency
>           to over-value the players we grow attached to.

And this has gotten us into trouble.  We kept McHale, Chief and Bird
long after they they were able to bring banners home for us.  Granted,
we had two unexpected deaths.  We have become too accustomed, however,
to keeping players for a long time.  We have kept players even when they
don't produce.  The core of players we had lost for 4 years.  We were
used to a sub .500 record.  Pitino brought in a bunch of hungry guys who
will be able to win under his system.  Within that bunch are three of
the top twelve draft picks over the past two years: out new nucleus.
We are now destined to be successful.

Look at what Pitino did with the Knicks, who were not a very talented
team (other than Patrick).  He pushed a slow 16 pick, Mark Jackson, to
become rookie of the year.  In two years, this team won the division.
This was the first time the Celtics had been beaten in a long time!
They  won the division even though we had Chief and McHale (Birdy was
injured).

Pitino has brought in talent, speed, and durability.  He has also
brought in some maneuverable big bodies (we've been lacking here for a
while).  We have some good shooters on the team also.  Add ultimate
physical conditioning, state of the art drills, motivation, and
confidence and you will begin to see wins.

If the players stop producing, they need to be moved. If they don't fit,
they need to be moved.  If I didn't produce at my job, or if I didn't
fit into my supervisor's plans, I would be fired.  I have no problem
with losing all the players we have lost.  I will miss them, but we
needed some new hungry players.