Eric Williams

         Everyone here seems to be surprised that Williams was traded.  I,
for one, was not.  What do you expect when you match a player who plays
defense like a matador with a coach who emphasizes defense.  Also, contrary
to almost everyone else's opinion on this list, I see the reason behind
Pitino's planning.  Think of the big picture.  I am sure we aren't going to
win any championships this year and Pitino knows this.  Also Williams's
contract runs out next year.  Apparently Pitino knows he won't resign him
next year, so he getting some players for someone he wasn't going to resign
anyway.  And you ask why didn't he ask for a couple of better draft picks?
 Because he already has established a foundation of players for the future
and he's looking for some picks to trade away, maybe to package another
player witht those picks for a quality veteran backup to show these kids the
ropes.  Well, anyway, Pitino Rules!!!!!    Look for the Celtics in