Larry Brown

I think the coach that could help the Celts get back into form is Larry
Brown.  He's a good motivator and teacher.  Can whip up a rag tag team
into contenders.  When he coached Kansas he won the championship with
only one star in his team.  He made the Clippers into a fighting playoff
team from being league doormats.  He made Indiana into a deadly cohesive
team from being a team that had constant internal problems.  So, if Bird
is really just choosing between Pitino and Brown, I'd tell him to go and
latch on Brown if he's leaving the Pacers(rumors).