Re: M.L. vs. Larry

R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> Jeremy P. Ryan wrote:
> >
> > <
> Folks, however you cut the deck ML is a winner.  He won in college, NAIA
> championship at Guilford, and in the pros, Celtics.  The man has the
> Celtics poised, if he can sign Wesley and we get lucky in the lottery,
> Duncan and Van Horne, to return to being a good team in two years.  When
> was that going to happen before he took over?   Never was.

Your right ML is probably the only coach who could have guided this team
to the worst record in the NBA..As for being a winner..ML is blessed to
have been in the right place in the right time. I don't know who's back
he jumped on at Guilford, but I do know it was the Big Three along with
DJ who were the winners in Boston..ML was just along for the ride.

> Plus, he has developed a core group who has been through the baptism of
> fire and not quit.  When these guys start winning, the sky's the limit.
> It is so easy to get down on ML.  But, he had the plan and it looks like
> he will pull it off.

Listen, the core (3W's) are talented offensive players..However, I have
never seen them run an offensive set when it matters(crunch time) nor
have I seen them stop anyone during crunch time. Its coaching..plan and
simple..I think ML plays tic tac toe on his white board during time
outs.