Re: M.L. vs. Larry

JLyell wrote:

> Bring in a real coach, not a player who wants to be a coach and is learning
> on the job.  How many player coaches have actually been successful ??

  Actually, quite a few. Phil Jackson, Rudy Tomjanovich, K.C. Jones, Pat
Riley, Dave Cowens, Don Nelson, Paul Westphal, George Karl.... shall I go
on? Being a former player has little to do with a coach's abilties. I can
only help with player relations, because the coach knows what the players
are going through. I think that M.L. has not had the proper opportunity to
show his coaching aility because of a general lack of talented, healthy
players. The health he can't do much about. The team's talent is the
biggest problem, and he IS the GM...... so I say he's got to go from both
spots as punishment for being arrogant enough to think he could do both in
the first place.

- -Jeremy