NCAA Final and Tourney

A few observations:
1. How hurting was Mercer? He did not have his usual pop, nor did he try to
"take over" the game down the stretch.
2. I noticed they kept trying to run Mercer past screens to free him up,
mostly to no avail. Wondering why they did not clear out a side and let him
beat his man off the dribble or post him low. Haven't seen too much of him
this year. Is he a good driver? Can he create his own shots off the dribble?
3. Is it me or what? Seems like EVERY game Billy Packer comments on, he's
always hyping about this and that player being tired. Heck, he even did it
about two minutes into the game last night re: Kentucky being tired because
of the Minnesota game. I don't know; according to Packer logic, every other
player must be in really bad physical condition.
4. In the past, college refs seemed intent on enforcing traveling calls
(unlike the NBA, which gives players an extra step). This year I noticed
they are letting players do the Stop and Hop: they stop their dribble and
then hop with both feet before putting the shot up. Miles Simon did this
quite a bit during the tourney, as did Turner and other players... In my
mind, this is two full steps and therefore traveling..... What gives?
5. N.C's Mr. Zwikker makes Eric Montross look like Speed Racer. Where does
Dean get these guys?
6. Great tourney, great finale, great show.