Know your enemy

In a message dated 5/8/2003 10:50:24 AM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Would any of you paid to enter a child porn site "for research"?>  >>

I would not have, but I don't think that paying to access the site, in the
course of gathering information to fight that sort of thing, is necessarily
an "immoral" thing (stupid, perhaps...)

For example, I used to work as a Marketing Manager for a technology/consumer
electronics company.  I would routinely purchase samples of our competitors'
products for "research." This would be used in product development to ensure
that our products were better than theirs and to put together competitive
comparisons for our sales staff to use.  Yes, we gave them money by
purchasing their products, but is was ultimately to enable us to more
effectively compete against them.

Personally, I do believe that Pete was gathering information in the fight
against these "people," rather than seeking titillation (but then, I am a bit
biased...).

--Mike