Young Vic 1971

Thanks Andy. Curiously enough The Who Concert File book lists the set as
being the same as the bootleg. At first I thought that was where they got
the information. The bootleg's cover, however, is taken from the cover of
the book, suggesting that the book came first (perhaps previous boots of
that show had the same set list and running order). Hmmmm.......

- --Mike

The bootleg YOUNG VIC BLUES is a fairly recent bootleg version of the show and the best one available. The first version I heard was called LIFEHOUSE LIVE and was slightly of inferior quality. It came out around during the 'bootleg boom' of the early nineties when the boxed set was being put together and all this great stuff was surfacing. The speed was off and the sound was a tad muddier but it does predate the WHO Concert File book by a few years so that may be where they got the authors got the info. Most of the info on setlists and whatnot came from bootleg recordings, hence some of the info is incorrect or incomplete (26April71, 6April68, to name a few examples)
peace

Andy

"I don't talk to musicians...
they might influence me."