now THIS is funny

In a message dated 3/17/2003 3:53:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I'm telling you right now I will *not* veto any resolution calling for use of force.  Since Keets
> & I have been on the Security Council we've seen many of these conflicts come & go.  Most
> of the time they are resolved peacefully.  Sometimes, regretfully, force may be needed.
>
> Our goal with you, Mc, has always been to disarm you of your words of mass destruction
> However, it's become quite obvious over the years that you are not serious about disarming.
> You never have been.
>
> You've had nearly three years to disarm your words of mass destruction.  Each time a new
> resolution is passed you ignore it - flaunting your uncooperativeness in front of the entire
> list community.
>
> Well, your time is running out.  Keets & I are prepared to lead a coalition of the willing to
> finally put an end to your troll-like regime.  Do not underestimate our seriousness & resolve.
>
> It's time for the other members to show their cards.  We want to know where they stand
> on this issue of Mc's belligerence.  Therefore, Keets & I will formulate one final resolution,
> one last chance, if you will, to try to peacefully resolve this crisis (her foreign secretary is
> meeting with my foreign secretary as we speak).  If it fails, we are quite prepared to lead our
> coalition of the willing to disarm you by force.
>
> Make no mistake, one way or another, Mc, you *will* be disarmed of your words of mass
> destruction.  Keets & I will not idly sit by while your dangerous behavior goes unchecked.
> Our message has always been clear - disarm or be disarmed.  The choice belongs to you,
> Mc.  Your fate is in your own hands.  Hopefully, you'll
> make the correct decision.
>
> Thank you & may God bless the IGTC list.

I actually laughed out loud at the computer.  THIS is good natured ribbing.  I must protest the characterization of me as Saddam, however.  I have complied with all resolutions since my neo-natal days here, only striking in defense.  I'm more of an Israel or Ariel Sharon than an Iraq.  And who is Kevin?  Bin Laden?  Is Mark Jacques Chirac?  I appreciate the humor of your post and the message you are sending.  I am making every effort to resolve this with Kevin off-list.

Mc