Re: Karma and sin

	>From: SicilianMother@xxxxxxx
	>Subject: Re: Karma and sin
>
>>  I love the man.  I love his music.
>> I always will
>
>Sometimes it is hard to believe this is true Scott, by the way some of you
>guys go on and on and on about what an asshole he is for making a mistake and
>how he owes you an apology, etc........
>
>If this is how you are to someone you say you *love*, I would hate to be
>someone you *don't love*.

That's not fair Jo.
Nor do I think it's fair of anyone to question others degree of fandom.

No one is saying he's an asshole for making a mistake.
Pete made a mistake.  We *all* make mistakes.
But for him to come out and continually blame others for what has happened to him just seems to be a case of denial.  And, in my book is another mistake.

If Pete *really* wanted to do the best thing to get past this, he would post a diary entry where he talks about how he erred in judgement by accessing the site and paying for said access.  How *no one* should do this.  How thankful he is that the Phoenix Survivors understand his dilemma and are petitioning the UK Government to have him removed.  How he wants to work hand-in-hand with these people to get their message out there.

Instead, we get a Pete who is obviously having difficulty gaining control of his emotions, and instead of calming down and coming up with a game plan, he is retreating to his studio and will keep silent about the whole issue.

I don't understand this.
Now is the time to come out and get your cause heard.  Now is when he has everyone's attention.  Why not use it?  Why wallow in self-pity?

These are questions that I have.
These are things that people I admire would do.  Stand up kind of guy things.
Mature things.

Pete can hide in his studio until he dies, but this isn't going away.

There are different ways to "support" Pete.
Follow him blindly no matter *what* he does, or hope and pray that Pete will do things that will help his cause, help victims cause, and help him limit the repercussions of this whole thing.

We've seen two diary entries.
Both somewhat combative, and neither conciliatory.

Both a mistake.

I won't follow anyone blindly.  I want what's best for Pete.
Don't anyone dare question my love or fandom.
My runs so deep, I don't think you'd understand.
And I know Scott's runs that deep too.

"Fuck off, alll of ya!"
PT Hershey 2002

Kevin in VT