Re: Karma and sin

> > I love the man.  I love his music.  I always will
>
> Sometimes it is hard to believe this is true Scott,

Why would I say it if it weren't true?  Do you think I'm lying?  All I've
been listening to this past week in my car are Pete's LIFEHOUSE demos.

And I'm not sitting there, listening to them, debating this whole child
porn scandal over & over in my mind; I'm just listening, enjoying, singing
out loud, & playing the various instruments on my steering wheel.

> by the way some of you guys go on and on and on about what an asshole he
> is for making a mistake and how he owes you an apology, etc........

Mistake?  Just a little mistake?  Like a traffic violation?  He's had to
hire a permanent bodyguard!  He's royally fucked up his own life, he's
fucked up whatever life was left in The Who, & he's embarrassed his fans
around the world.  And he seems to believe none of it was his fault!

> If this is how you are to someone you say you *love*, I would hate to be
> someone you *don't love*.

You already are.  ;-)  (joke)  Why is it so hard to understand the pain &
frustration I feel for someone I've basically given my life over to?

Would it make more sense to you if I said I hated Pete & have stopped list-
ening to him & The Who?  After 20 some years of enjoying his music, I'm
supposed to just switch all that off because of his carelessness on the
computer & the frustration I feel towards him?  I can't do that.

And is my other option to just say, "Oh well, he made a mistake.  His inten-
tions were good.  No biggie?"  I can't do that, either.

See, I, & a lot of others, are trapped in the middle.  You've made your
peace & have moved on.  I'm still troubled by his denial-toned responses to
all this garbage.  I haven't moved on.  I haven't reached closure.

And to top it all off, people are calling into question my fandom & motives
just because I'm not falling into line & standing proudly in Pete's corner.

I'm a person not a robot.

- SCHRADE in Akron