Teflon Townshend?

He did what he did.  Let's not put blinders on and make him sound like a
deity who was wronged.  Anything Townshend brought on he brought on
himself.  Only he is to blame for this entire mess.  My thing has always
been that he made some dumb and stupid mistakes.  He is not the Teflon
king that some of you want him to be.  Nor should he be.

Someone can have the opinion he is an asshole the same way others can
stand behind him 100%.  These are called opinions.

I do not need expect, or need an apology or a detailed explanation from
Townshend (it would help, however).  That is his choice, and his
responsibility.  But, as his choice, he needs to be well-prepared (AND
DEAL WITH) the criticism he will receive by virtue of how he decides to
handle things.  Townshend has lost a ton of credibility through his
original actions and his media persona about the whole thing.

If I can make another observation, he is not the master of public
relations and seems to not have the best advisers.  While, we would all
probably handle things differently, we do not decide how he does it.

What I get a kick out of are Townshend's diaries that really do not say
anything.  Or, say that he cannot or will not say anything.  It's like
holding a press conference to tell the media you have nothing to say about
any topic in question or about anything else in general."