Pete's bodyguard?

Pete has posted a letter today to the Daily Mail
saying he doesn't have a bodyguard. Wonder where they
got that idea? Well, let's compare the original posted
draft of his 23/06/2003 message with what's up there
now. The elements in brackets were removed from the
first posted draft:

I know a lot of people must be wondering why I have
not made any kind of statement since the resolution of
my case with the police. I feel very good, supported
by so much love from all around me. I am free to get
out and about in my home town and [most] people greet
me warmly. [In any case, in the background I have a
very cool and experienced bodyguard.] I know now I can
continue to work in my studio on music, and I am
writing all the time. I can also quietly continue to
do my work funding treatment for the surviving victims
of childhood sexual abuse and other worthy causes.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com