Re: The New Pete interview

> I hope this ends some of the uneasiness going on,the boy knows he
> fucked up large..be gentle people lol.

I'll tell ya', Bill, these were the first words from Pete since this
story broke that that reminded me of the "old Pete."  Quite what that
means I'm not sure, but I just sensed Pete turning the corner on this
whole ordeal & coming out of his fog (i.e. shock).

I especially felt gratified to see these statements:

"I have been rapped on the knuckles and I don't want to appear like I
don't take this thing seriously."

"There is a measure of the kind of rock'n'roll arrogance that I still
carry in my dotage that made me think I'd have no trouble with it. I
really thought of myself as a professional researcher who worked to
help victims, not a guitar-smashing rock star. But the old rock star
arrogance carried me into very dangerous water."

You might think, "But I thought you wanted an apology, Schrade.
That's no apology."  True, but it carries a sense of realization as to
the gravity & severity of the mistake.  It shows Pete has been humbled.
He's losing that "I'm the victim!" stance which irked me & others so
much.

I think he's coming around.  He's escaped this predicament - a bit
shaken - but intact.  He's still one.  He can now look forward.

You are forgiven.  You are forgiven.

- SCHRADE in Akron