Townshend victim of witch-hunt, claims Daltrey

Thanks to Jeff House for pointing this out:
http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_749382.html

Townshend victim of witch-hunt, claims Daltrey

Roger Daltrey claims his bandmate Pete Townshend is
the victim of a "witch-hunt" over an investigation
into accessing child porn.

The Who star was arrested last month as part of the
Operation Ore investigation into accessing child porn
on the internet.

He has admitted using his credit card to access images
but said they were for "research" for a book he was
writing.

Daltrey said: "This is the worst thing I have ever had
to deal with in my life."

In an interview for Virgin Radio he said: "What I find
so unfair is that it has become a witch-hunt and,
because it is subjudice, he is not allowed to defend
himself."

Townshend, 57, claimed his actions were part of coming
to terms with abuse he believes he suffered as a
child, which he wants to write about in a book.

Daltrey said: "From what I can gather, 98% to 99% of
people do believe him and I don't think he is going to
let them down.

"I think he is telling the truth. I think the morality
of the whole thing is very questionable as far as our
society goes because he has been exposed and accused
of doing something, something he has admitted to doing
for certain reasons.

"Now if he can substantiate those reasons, then the
least the police and our society owes him is to make
this a priority and to get his case dealt with as
quickly as possible.

"He is fine. He's just frustrated that they've taken
his computers with all his music on it and because he
is such a low priority on this thing."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!