Re: Face Dances

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:25:48 EST
From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx

I'd love to do a track-by-track like you guys, but for now just a quick shot.

YOU: The line "You lead me on like a lamb to the slaughter and then you act like a fish out of water" made me feel dumb to sing along with even when I was 17.

Would it help to think of "fish" in the sense of a slang term or symbol for "female" or "female genitals"? and water, being wet, "out of water" being dry, you see, it all sorts out nicely into one of JAE's famous risque double-entendres. Worked for me, anyway. I love the song.

Snapshot verdict on FACE DANCES: Once again, John carries the rock flag (as he has done ever since By Numbers), while Pete introspects (with mixed results).

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."