Re: Drugs & RnR

From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>

And....if some of you had taken these *pills* and alcohol,
you might have a much better insight into what you "speak
of" and "sit in judgement thereof."

Lew:

I have a good 33 years of insight. And successfully, I might add. No ODs, no problems, ever...I'm a contributing member of society (no "member" jokes, please), father of a college student and business owner. Married 27 years. Well respected in the neighborhood...OK, I'm pushing it a bit there, but anyway. I know of what I speak.<<<<<<<

Glad somebody other than myself does!!! It's pretty lonely
here in the Stoned Age!!

A drug is a drug is a drug

Lew:

I can't agree with you there. You can't equate Pot with Heroin.
and in so doing, being an intelligent person, he was willing totake the risk.<<<<<<<

Misunderstanding. Sorry.

What I meant is that it does not matter who-> supples the drug,
a legit M.D., or street drugs bought from Dr. Feelgood, they
can all accomplish the same result.....death....in the hands
of someone hell bent on killing themselves (Moonie) or someone
in poor health (John).

The source of the drug and its acquisition does not change
the conditions of one who dies under it's influence.

Moon and Elvis killed themselves on 'script drugs just as
thoroughly as John did on street cocaine.

NO difference!!!

AEB says, "Take a little dope so you can speak from
experience, or, *shut the fuck up!*"

There's the key: "a LITTLE dope." Not a lot. Not too much. And that's experience speaking.

Any questions?

Yeah. Why is there air?

Well, let me tell ya about this one acid trip I had on the cliffs above Santa Barbara in '69. Four tabs of Orange Sunshine and I
were getting along fine, out catchin' waves at this secret surf
spot called "Stables" when the question of "why is there air?"
came up......('course, I'd just wiped out, couldn't find which
way was up, was runing out of breath & thought I was gonna drown
in cold water).......

So..............the answer is:

"Life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?" ~Procol Harum/Keith Reid '68

~AnEnglishBoy~