Re: Drugs & RnR

And....if some of you had taken these *pills* and alcohol,
you might have a much better insight into what you "speak
of" and "sit in judgement thereof."

Lew:

I have a good 33 years of insight. And successfully, I might add. No ODs, no problems, ever...I'm a contributing member of society (no "member" jokes, please), father of a college student and business owner. Married 27 years. Well respected in the neighborhood...OK, I'm pushing it a bit there, but anyway. I know of what I speak.

I bet this thread goes a while ;)

Jon:

Sounds good to me!

I'm sure that we all know people that have drug problems.

Well, let me say right now that most of the people I know and am friends with are drug users and long term, and not a single one has a problem with them. It's all about how one does them...the vast majority of drug users ARE responsible, it's just the few that aren't who get all of the attention (because they die and commit crimes and so on).

killer.  This speaks of a deeper underlying problem, or reason to go to them.

Not necessarily. Many are addicted because they are addictive people...and if it wasn't drugs, it would have been something else. I'd put Keith into that catagory.

dispositions) was the feeling of emptiness.

I never feel empty, but use marijuana the same way Pete Townshend did...to enhance the experience, whether it's music or a movie or things I needn't mention here. It's like eggs...they taste fine w/o salt, but better with a pinch. Know what I mean?

excuse that one needs them and they are readily available and legal. They
can be just as damaging and addictive as illegal drugs.

More damaging and dangerous, really, because they're usually stronger.

 Dead is dead.

No one can argue with you there.

A drug is a drug is a drug

Lew:

I can't agree with you there. You can't equate Pot with Heroin.

and in so doing, being an intelligent person, he was willing totake the risk.

Doesn't sound too intelligent to me. Paul Kantner (Jefferson Airplane) called it "failing an intelligence test." I agree.

Different risk factor, don't you think?

Between doing coke with a heart condition and stepping out in front of a bus? No, I don't think it's different at all.

AEB says, "Take a little dope so you can speak from
experience, or, *shut the fuck up!*"

There's the key: "a LITTLE dope." Not a lot. Not too much. And that's experience speaking.

Any questions?

Yeah. Why is there air? (another oldster reference)

You don't need to participate in something to make an objective judgement

Biff:

I think in this case, you do. People who have never done any drugs can't really understand. Otherwise they wouldn't be so down on Pot but might instead go after something really dangereous, like Crack. (no "crack" jokes, please)

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML