Sex, Death, Drugs & RnR

From: "Kevin O'Neal" <kevinandt@surfglobal.net>

This is what has been bugging me for a while.
Why would a man, on the eve of doing what in this world was the greatest
thing for him to do, a thing that he enjoyed more than any other thing in
the world...why would such a man be feeling so bad that he would be willing
to take such a risk.

People don't _always_, in fact, _rarely_ *do* drugs because they
are feeling so bad about something.

They take drugs because they like the effect.

Ever played a musical instrument while under the influence of
drugs? Well, it's a buzz, big fun, and _sometimes_ pushes one
to greater performances. John knew that. John took that risk.

John took the same *risk* every time he lit a smoke, sipped
another cognac, etc., etc. He was in too delicate of condition
to do _any_ of these things, but all people do is focus on the
_drug_ factor.

Why? For one reason, because a drug like _cocaine_ has been
**illegal** for about 75 years, but the cognac/brandy and smokes
are "legal," so the *straights* _always_ jump on the *drug*
bandwagon.

Straights always love to play the *illegal/legal* card.

"I cleaned my room and my shoes,
But my momma found a box of blues,
And there doesn't seem much hope,
They'll let me stay."
              ~James Michael Cooper.. Mod...circa 1963

FWIW Dept.: I do not regret one incident of my own personal
ingestion of illegal drugs (and I did a shitload of 'em).

Ever seen TheWho-> while stoned on LSD? Hendrix? Cream?
Led Zeppelin? The Doors?

I have! Multiple times each.

~AnEnglishBoy~