Re: Stumbling Blocks & Regrets

> > Pete's writing?
> Absolutely, far too brilliant for the everyday rock and roll
> slob (fan).

That would be a hindrance to a more wide acceptance, I'll grant
you that, but remember, I'm speaking of hindrances to the Who's
established career; mistakes or problems endured that directly
affected what they were doing or hoped to accomplish.

And what I meant by mentioning Pete's writing as a hindrance was
his switch to more of a self-reflective, personal style in the
mid-70's, abandoning the literary, character-type writing he had
employed up until then.

Actually, if you leave out QUAD, that personal, introspective
style of writing started right after TOMMY with "The Seeker,"
didn't it?

> I'm sick of everything being blamed on drugs and alcohol.

I know, I know....really, it's the *person* who must be blamed or
held accountable, not the drugs or alcohol.  But you have to admit,
those two vices helped in actually *killing* two members our belov-
ed Who.  Talk about a hindrance!  That's why it got my vote.

- SCHRADE in Akron