Re: And Emo was his name-o; John's lifestyle

In a message dated 11/6/2002 9:22:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> Emo? Personally, I like the "classic Punk" better. Classic Punk? What a
> concept! Anyway, my favorite of the new bands is easily Thursday because
> their music has raw power (chalk up another Iggy Pop reference). The
> Strokes sound to me like weak Stooges. The Vines are almost psychedelic,
> with only a few hard drivin' Punkish songs. The White Stripes I haven't
> made my mind up about yet. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. More
> just basic Rock than Punk, if that makes any sense. BTW, for the record, I
> am not one for multiple shows either...one per tour makes it a magic,
> special night.

what's "emo"?  if you think it's my name, its not.    have you ever heard the
stripes song "dead leaves and the dirty ground"? has this great rock riff
that i love.    well, I guess we have our opinions but I think these bands,
and possibly others (if any) are bringing this rock thing back and I think
that's great.        and as for the "one per tour makes it a magic, wonderful
night", that's exactly the kind of point i was trying to make and i'm sorry i
called those people "spoiled" and such. I just don't think its fair, thats
all.  no hard feelings hey guys?