And Emo was his name-o; John's lifestyle

what do you think of the hives and the white stripes and the strokes and the
vines and all these "garage rock" bands makin it big these days?

Joel:

Emo? Personally, I like the "classic Punk" better. Classic Punk? What a concept! Anyway, my favorite of the new bands is easily Thursday because their music has raw power (chalk up another Iggy Pop reference). The Strokes sound to me like weak Stooges. The Vines are almost psychedelic, with only a few hard drivin' Punkish songs. The White Stripes I haven't made my mind up about yet. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. More just basic Rock than Punk, if that makes any sense. BTW, for the record, I am not one for multiple shows either...one per tour makes it a magic, special night.

John did not know he had clogged arteries and he did not do drugs the
evening before he died. My husband and I were with him!

Laura:

Just so we're absolutely clear about this...you're not talking about the day he died, when it was reported he had done cocaine - "(AP) The Who's bass guitarist John Entwistle died from heart disease, complicated by cocaine use, the Clark County coroner reported Thursday." -you're talking about the evening before that, right? I'm not misreading you here, am I? Whether or not he knew he had clogged arteries is not the issue, if he did cocaine...and it seems, at least officially, he did. He was on heart medication and had heart disease...he knew THAT, and he did cocaine...and no matter how much I admire the man's skill and performance, and no matter how much I miss him, that strikes me as a really stupid move. I'd say the same if it was Steven Tyler and MAYBE even Steve Perry (but maybe not).

Here's the entire story on his death from CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/06/27/entertainment/main513664.shtml

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML