Re: Big Bands (continued)

Thanks, Bill.  I think you've posted this link before, and it's wonderfully
interesting.  Do you know if Cliff Townshend wrote songs?  I thought Betty
sang with the band, but I don't see her name listed here anywhere.  Did she
mostly just travel with her husband?

It's curious that Pete went in such a different direction initially, but
when Rock's star began to wane, he came back to that big band sound.  Do you
suppose Pete plays clarinet?  Wouldn't it be interesting to hear The Who
play some of Cliff's old recordings?  :)

Notice that the Big Band Swing era lasted approximately twenty years.  That
does seem to be the natural lifetime of a musical trend.  Rock seems to be
on the upswing again, but there should be some difference this time.
Anybody want to predict where it might go?

keets