Re: Big Bands (continued)

Speaking of Big Band music, if you are interested in the musical career of
Pete and Simon's father, go to:

http://www.geocities.com/fluoresceinstb/cliffdiscography.html

Although it is terribly out of date, it is a start. I have collected a bunch
of really cool stuff since the last update that I hope to get scanned and
on-line within the next month, so check it out now and again in two months  :
)

One item I need to scan is a Decca LP from 1977 that has Cliff as a
supporting artist. Very cool indeed.

>Here's the Big Band Database listing on the Squadronaires, who apparently
kept playing through 1964, overlapping The Who era.

>Am I right that Pete's mom isn't listed in there anywhere?  What was her
maiden name?

Betty Dennis (I believe the spelling is correct). The biography on the back
sleeve of Cliff's Singing Saxophone EP claims that Cliff's father was a
musician as well. It seems that Townshend's have been making music for over a
century.

>http://64.33.34.112/.BRIT/bs.html#Squad

-Bill