forgiveness

AEB writes:

> > There were a dozen posts when I name-called a few months ago, and I
> > profusely apologized on and off list.  Where are the rest of you now?  You
> > instructed me as to proper behavior on-list and I have abided by it.
>
> The above is the largest mouthload of bullshit I have read
> from Kevin Mc in a month or so.

Exactly what is bullshit about it?  I got mad at someone, I forgot who, in
some
debate over something I don't remember- and people went ape-shit and I
apologized on list and off-list to the person I attacked.  Check the archives
if you think it isn't true.  And since then, I ask you to cite one example of
name-calling by me other than the retaliation to Jeff's entirely unprovoked
attack.

> > What
> > about Jeff?

> Why Not?
>
> That is what *you* -expect- of others when *you* trespass, time,
> after time, after time, after time.

How have I "trespassed" time after time.  For God's sake- twice is not time
after time.  Bad joke about Beatles fans crashing the planes into the WTC (I
apologized and have kept any jokes from being of an offensive nature) and the
"fucking idiot" comment for which I also apologized sincerely.  I have
name-called ONE GOD DAMN time and you want to characterize me by it?  I
believe you have done your share of provoking others into conversations (and
don't say just me). Is disagreeing with someone "trespassing"?  Why do people
on this list get so upset when people have disagreements on issues.

> > I hope
> > Jeff comes back.  I've forgiven him.
> >

> This reeks of insincerity, IMO.
>
> The point is not whether you have forgiven, but whether *you*
> have been forgiven.
>
> AnEnglishBoy~

No insincerity.  I have forgiven Jeff for turning an issue debate on brokers
into a personal attack on me with no provocation.  He kept stating that my
points were devoid of facts and logic and that he didn't "understand" them
(he was being sarcastic), so I made a few posts of a mildly sarcastic nature
simply explaining the points clearer.  Do I need to re-post what he said to
defend myself?  I attempted to move the issue off-list to avoid name-calling,
simply asking Jeff why, after he and I had never had a prior conflict of this
nature, he would call me "stupid and ignorant."  He then aired this off-list
discussion on list and re-stated his insults.  I have no problem with insults
and would be happy to go back and forth with jeff- but I was roundly ripped
by many on here for doing that and have not done that again, aside from my
retaliation for jeff's posts.  All of you made it VERY clear that this type
of thing was not supposed to be present here.  I have shown in the past that
I am willing to own up to my mistakes and apologize when I am wrong, but I'm
not going to take personal attacks from others lying down.  And still, no one
has stated exactly how I was wrong in this situation.  AEB, how would you
react if Jeff had behaved this way toward you in regard to an issue debate?
You'd come back firing with both barrells- and I dare say you would not have
been as patient as I was.  Jeff should come back.  His emotions have clouded
his judgement.  I enjoy his posts like everyone else, but to punish the
subscribers to this list because I insulted him is pretty rash.

Kevin Mc