over reaction

In a message dated 03/09/2002 9:55:14 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> You put a spark out with the fucking Atlantic Ocean.
> That, after the man publicly apologized.
> Read your post again, and ask yourself if it's something you're still proud
> of.
>
> And where are we now, you ask?
> We're sittin' here reading "fuck" and "asshole" in the subject lines.

OK, fuck and asshole have been subject lines many times, and the vast
najority aren't mine.  Not only did Jeff NOT publicly apologize, here is his
post in regard to my e-mails to him off-list.

<"You're not sorry!"

<Kevin,
<You got that right.
<Mc came sniffing around my inbox, looking for an explanation and apology.
<I did not apologize, but did explain my problem.
<No problem with his opinio, but ignorance and stupidity get under my skin.
<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee :-D

<Jeff

And doesn't this apology smack of sarcasm?  He certainly isn't apologizing to
me, but to the list.

<Subject: Whoops!

<That was supposed to be private.
<Sorry :-(

<Jeff

I simply retaliated because I had remained civil and mature in regard to
this, and it was Jeff who attempted to belittle me personally on-list.

Kevin mc