Re: A different bomb

>If Pete wants to get over this disconnect he should invite me over to his
>place for tea.  I would be happy to discuss it :-)

Well, now that's an idea!  We should all have a nice tea party around Pete's
pool next summer.  :)

>The cool thing about Roger and John is that they understand their
role. They perform and really only need to connect with themselves to do
that well.  They don't need to understand society or an audience.  I mean
John and Roger connect with their respective instruments and the material,
the audience follows along naturally.

John never says much about this, but I think Roger makes the Lifehouse
connection.  He keeps saying he's The Who's biggest fan, you know, and talks
about magic and chemistry and all that.  As I said last week, he's not
always busy playing or singing, and he gets to stand out on the edge of the
stage with The Who behind him and look the audience right in the face(s).
He responds to their energy without needing to understand it, and feels them
respond in return.

It's a nicely circular flow, as long as they don't play a new song and send
everybody off for a potty break.

:P
keets