Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

Hey, why did you forget "Cry If You Want"?For me, CIYW
is one of the best live songs were performed in the '82
tour.

Leandro

> Okay, I know what you mean.  The last twenty years has
been a pretty black
> period, hasn't it?  I could add a few more to your
list.  "Eminence Front"
> would fit, too, brilliant though it is.
>
> IT'S HARD in general was a real downer, and FACE
DANCES wasn't far behind.
> It's like Pete went from complete idealism to a total
crash in 1979.  IRON
> MAN didn't even have the usual yearning/seeking
themes, because Pete didn't
> write the story.
>
> I do love a sprinkling of songs from these albums, and
I love
> PSYCHODERELICT, but I have to admit it's a nasty,
bitter and totally
> pessimistic creation.  The 2000 LIFEHOUSE was that
way, too, and I was
> hoping Pete had gotten it all out of his system with
that and made a new
> beginning for the new century--but I dunno.
>
> He seems to have the potential with a new girlfriend,
a new website, and
> great new ways to reach an audience, but there were
still some indications
> on the 2000 tour that he was working on an epitaph.  A
couple of folks
> mentioned that they liked the lyric about the "dust
and flowers of death,"
> but I didn't much care for it.  It didn't have the
same feel as the Flag
> TKAA that seemed to be improv, and I think it was
something Pete wrote when
> he was all alone in a dark, dreary, empty hotel room
and hadn't been laid in
> weeks.
>
> I'm sure Pete does need some time alone with the music
to think about it,
> and feel his way through it, and to experiment with
studio
> possibilities--but Roger's right that he shouldn't sit
in a dark room and
> think about ugly stuff while he's writing songs.  He'd
do better to get out
> and work with the band a little between demos.  Last
year was kind of rocky,
> and we need some light in here.
>

> keets

day lyrics stems from
> >the subject matter more so than the choice words,
their structure, etc.

> >Well, "How Can You Do It Alone" to start.  Also "Did
You Steal My
> >Money," "Cooks County," "I've Known No War," "Why Did
I Fall For
> >That," "A Man Is A Man."
> >
> >IRON MAN blew, too.  So did half of PSYCHODERELICT.
> >
> >Of course, all that stuff came out a while ago,
didn't it?  Pete's a
> >different person now.  Right?
> >
> >Right?
> >

> >- SCHRADE in Akron

Quer ter seu prsprio enderego na Internet?
Garanta ja o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
DommniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br