Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

>I'm sure Pete does need some time alone with the music to think about it,
>and feel his way through it, and to experiment with studio
>possibilities--but Roger's right that he shouldn't sit in a dark room and
>think about ugly stuff while he's writing songs.

This sort of leads me to wonder about Pete's process in putting together
music (as opposed to lyrics).  What he produces varies so much that you
wonder what inspires him to work at it more or less.  Besides the depressing
lyrics on IT'S HARD, the music seems to me very thin and underdeveloped.
Some of Pete's solo work is this way, too.  PSYCHODERELIST, on the other
hand, is musically very complex.

It was interesting to catch several shows from 2000 (and to trade for a
couple more), as you could hear the Manchester "Crossroads Now" develop.
Bits and pieces of the music appeared here and there, little bits that John
did, or Rabbit did, and then suddenly at Manchester it's all there--a
completely finished work of art.

Did Pete listen to all the tapes and identify the elements and then write
something or give directions in rehearsal for them to put it together?  Did
he pick up the potentials live?  It would translate to an orchestral piece
very well: layering, dynamics, contrast, different voices, different
movements.  Structurally, it sounds very much like some of the
classical-type compositions Pete did for LIFEHOUSE, except that The Who's
interpretation is different--and I think, better.

We've just discussed how one of them comes up with a riff that another
builds on, too.  Wouldn't it seem harder for Pete to do all of the work
alone in a studio?

keets