Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

Okay, I know what you mean.  The last twenty years has been a pretty black
period, hasn't it?  I could add a few more to your list.  "Eminence Front"
would fit, too, brilliant though it is.

IT'S HARD in general was a real downer, and FACE DANCES wasn't far behind.
It's like Pete went from complete idealism to a total crash in 1979.  IRON
MAN didn't even have the usual yearning/seeking themes, because Pete didn't
write the story.

I do love a sprinkling of songs from these albums, and I love
PSYCHODERELICT, but I have to admit it's a nasty, bitter and totally
pessimistic creation.  The 2000 LIFEHOUSE was that way, too, and I was
hoping Pete had gotten it all out of his system with that and made a new
beginning for the new century--but I dunno.

He seems to have the potential with a new girlfriend, a new website, and
great new ways to reach an audience, but there were still some indications
on the 2000 tour that he was working on an epitaph.  A couple of folks
mentioned that they liked the lyric about the "dust and flowers of death,"
but I didn't much care for it.  It didn't have the same feel as the Flag
TKAA that seemed to be improv, and I think it was something Pete wrote when
he was all alone in a dark, dreary, empty hotel room and hadn't been laid in
weeks.

I'm sure Pete does need some time alone with the music to think about it,
and feel his way through it, and to experiment with studio
possibilities--but Roger's right that he shouldn't sit in a dark room and
think about ugly stuff while he's writing songs.  He'd do better to get out
and work with the band a little between demos.  Last year was kind of rocky,
and we need some light in here.

keets