Re: JEB

At 16:09 24-2-02 +0000, John wrote:

>Bjorn, Andy, re
>
> > > Hmmm... The Who plays in the USA for an average of $500 for a good
> > > ticket up front... They play in the UK for $50...
> > >
> > > Hmmm... The JEB plays in the USA for an average of $20 for a ticket
> > > up front, add another $10 if you want to meet and greet them and
> be > > at the soundcheck... They would play in the UK for... Hmmm... Let's
> > > calculate that; $2 a ticket?
>
>Nonsense. By any token, JB would sell at tickets of at least #15 ($22)
>in the UK. Cheap by US Who prices, but for the kind of clubs that he
>*could* play - Coal Exchange in Cardiff, Vicar Street in Dublin, JB's in
>Dudley, that is the going rate.
>
>I still personally believe he could do a reasonably successful tour in
>the UK.

John never toured succesfully in the UK. He would be even glad to play in a
pub for 200 people (at most) the USA, where The Who have a much larger fan
base then in the UK.
I've seen him play for 40 people in Portland.

Sure, I can name nice venues the JEB could play here in Holland too, but it
just won't be worthwhile. The money is still is the USA. And that's also
why ticket prices for The Who are so high in the USA (especially compared
to the UK).

> > > One possibility would be that the Abbey Road tour would come to
> > > Europe...
>
>Nope. AWDAR 2 is already set up and both Todd Rundgren and JAE are
>involved. If it does come to Europe or the UK later this year it will be
>without them.

Steve Luongo told me that the only possibility for the JEB to come to
Europe would be with AWDAR. It all just seemed a *BIT* more profitable now
that we had the Euro. I also got the chance to talk to John about it. His
answer was: "Uhhh... Where???" :-)

It's a nice dream though... I could set the JEB up to play in my hometown,
Utrecht, at Tivoli (a club some roadies from the JEB actually knew!!!).

Bjorn