Re: Bored, very, very, very, very, bored

>Roger came out (between WGFA & the encore) and gave a very passionate
>speech about the kids the concerts were for and what to do about their
>situation, Pete comes out on stage and continues his nonsense comments by
>saying (I may be paraphrasing here) "I don't know what Roger just said, but
>it's all lies." ?????? What is Pete saying????? He then follows this line
>by saying, "who gives a shit?"

Pete must be having a serious attack of cynicism.

>Let me restate this: The WHO are the most mis-managed band in the world.
>They've allowed their audience to shrink to a very tiny number. Remember in
>'89, they were selling out venues like Giants Stadium, approx 50-70,000 for
>4 nights. Now they barely fill halls with 1,300 in them in their hometown
>(just outside of London) and by and large no one gives a shit.

But they've done this themselves.  Curbishley has said they're unmanagable
because of the personalities involved.  That means they won't cooperate with
any of his suggestions.  Instead, they fight it out and let him know what
they're going to do.  They HAVE picked up quite nicely in the last two or
three years, but it's not by accident, or even because of any change in
management.  It's because they wanted to.  You can maybe lay the inactivity
and loss of audience on Pete, but Pete reacts to elements in his envronment.
  It's no surprise that the events of 1978-82 put him off the music
business.

Whatever, the tour looks ready to roll, and Pete has committed publically to
a new album.  The pissiness at the UK shows seems to have passed without any
huge scandal.  I'm for the glass half full philosophy.  Well, maybe even
more than that.  How about three-quarters?

:)
keets