Re: A syntheizer-free zone

Deliphus01@aol.com wrote:

AEB wrote:

> Uh, I think you've overlooked "TheWho->ByNumbers"
> which contains no synthesizers to these ears.
>
> AEB:
>
> I did indeed. And wasn't that one better than the ones that followed?

Yep! In fact, taking away "Who-> Are You" and "New Song"
there isn't a song on WAY that rivals the poorest track on
"TheWho->ByNumbers," IMO, of course.

> I always felt that
> WAY should have been a "return to roots" album, to show the Punks where it
> came from. The Kinks did that, with great results)..

Yes, indeed, everything by TheKinks is a masterpiece.

With Townshend's admitted high regard for Ray Davies
it's surprising that TheWho-> did not follow The Kinks'
lead in this respect.

AnEnglishBoy~