Re: wither the concept album...

> Anyone else heard a good concept lately?

Mike Watt, ex-bass player for the 80's punk band The Minutemen
put one out a few years back based on a segment of his father's life
working in the engine room of a ship.  It was kinda like a tribute to
his dad.  It's a thoughtful, varied, complex, & melancholy album which
shows that even ex-punkers (intelligent ones, anyway) are open to the
idea of a concept album.

I've spoken with Mike Watt before.  He's a big Who fan (although I
think he's one of those half-fans who really only likes the pre-TOMMY
stuff.  Still....).

- SCHRADE in Akron