wither the concept album...

What ever happened to the concept album?  Seems there's been a shortage of
them in the last 20/25 years.  Or at least a shortage of good ones.  And i
guess it is kinda hard to pin down which albums are considered "concept
albums".
I realize a lot of people look at concept albums as being arty, pretensious
crap.  I, however, have always like a good concept album.  Of course my two
favorite bands are The Who (Thomas & Quad) & Jethro Tull (Thick As A Brick &
A Passion Play).  Not to mention the fact that i like a lot of 70s prog rock
bands.

Anyway, a question for all - what's the latest (by latest, i mean recording
date) really good concept album you've heard?  I recently picked up Warren
Zevon's 1989 album "Transverse City" which, after a few listens, really grew
on me.  Were there any good concept albums made in the 90s, or the 80s?
Anyone else heard a good concept lately?

-cpb

"THE" Experience:
http://www.geocities.com/jt_ia/CPB/CPB.html