Re: worst albums

<<>From: GenWalk83@aol.com
	>Subject: worst albums
>I think "face dances" and "it's hard" were probably
the worst albums by the who. the ones after keith
died.  it's like they NEEDED him there, know what I
>mean?

WARNING!!  Entering territory that has a history of
pissing people off.  With that said, I'm in the camp
that believes The Who couldn't  have gone that musical
direction with Keith there, and that was the direction

that The Who had to go.  In other words, I fear The
Who would have disbanded had Keith not died.  Also,
I'm in the camp that actually enjoys both albums for
what they
are....different.>>

I myself rather like FD (it was the 9th Who album I
got, while anxiously waiting for WBN and WAY to
finally show up at one of the three local music
stores), though do agree when compared with all of
their other output, it is their weakest and worst
studio album.  I also adore IH and rank it with WAY as
my 5th-fave Who album.  IH incidentally was my last
studio Who album; it hadn't showed up for months while
I had been building my now rather impressive (though
certainly not near as vast as the big boys with their
collections of upwards of a thousand records!), and I
had to ask the store to order it for me.  But I have
found that being young and also female has coloured my
perception of the band and the music; being female, I
have different reactions to certain songs which most
guy fans seem to hate or dismiss out of hand, like
"YBYB," "Now I'm a Farmer," and "One Life's Enough,"
and being young, I came to the last albums (even WL,
much to my surprise) they put out knowing what most
people thought of them instead of with all of the
baggage that older fans had.  They did release FD, IH,
and WL within my lifetime, but I obviously wasn't a
fan when I was a toddler and couldn't compare them
unfairly to an entirely different musical era.  I
speak in numerous of my album reviews and personal
writings on my webpage about my experience and
perspective as a young female fan.

Oh, and my most recent addition to my collection was
on Saturday, when I found the out of print 'Join
Together' in a 3-LP boxed set, complete with slim
colour booklet and three little send-away things to
order merchandise from the '89 tour from!  I've only
had a chance to hear a few of the songs from the
non-Tommy material sides so far, as my record player
has a problem with the belt drive and I'm going to
have to take it to get fixed.

Anna
http://taxes.yahoo.com/