Re: wither the concept album...

>What ever happened to the concept album?  <snip> I realize a lot of people
>look at concept albums as being arty, pretensious crap.

According to Brian, that's what happened to them.  So much so that The Who
might hesitate to put one out now.  I'm wondering if this might be part of
the different esthetic that Pete says he and Roger are experiencing.  Pete
has said that ALL his albums are concept albums.

>Anyway, a question for all - what's the latest (by latest, i mean recording
>date) really good concept album you've heard?

I like the JEB's VANPIRES.  I think they should take it to Broadway--well,
okay, maybe off-Broadway, the same way Pete pushes his concept albums.  I
know funding is hard to get, but it's a really sharp album, and I think it
would fly with the much-coveted younger set.  Whatever happened to the
animation company?  I guess they owned rights to it or something, but they
should get in gear and produce it as a musical.

keets