Another Boot Review - My Generation

This a CD-R boot of the MY GENERATION album with some bonus
tracks thrown in.

It's on the Brunswick label & comes in a jewel case & uses the Virgin
MY GENERATION album cover as its front cover.  There's a little two-
page booklet containing only pictures (the MG Decca album cover, the
HOUSE THAT TRACK BUILT album cover, & a period promo for
TKAA.

It sounds fairly good.  I had to turn up the bass to beef it up but there
isn't any hiss or high-end noise.  Not sure if it was taken from a tape or
a vinyl version; I didn't hear any crackles or pops.  The TKAA version
featured is the long one.

The bonus tracks seem to be taken from other CD sources where avail-
able.

However, there are some problems with the bonus tracks.  "I Can't Ex-
plain" is missing the first chord strike & I heard a few digital farts along
the way, too.

The saving grace is the inclusion of "Young Man Blues" from THE HOUSE
THAT TRACK BUILT album.  This is the better of the two studio versions
& the one that *wasn't* included on the ODDS & SODS reissue apparent-
ly because Jon Astley is out to get us.

**Track List**:

Out In The Steet
I Don't Mind
The Good's Gone
La-La-La-Lies
Much Too Much
My Generation
The Kids Are Alright
Please Please Please
It's Not True - (after 20 years, starting to grow on me!)
I'm A Man
A Legal Matter
The Ox

- Bonus Tracks -

I Can't Explain - (more like: I Can't Press Record In Time)
Bald Headed Woman
Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
Daddy Rolling Stone
Anytime You Want Me - (cough...gag - after 20 years, still *not* growing on me!)
Shout & Shimmy

- Extra Bonus Track - (really, that's what it says!)

Young Man Blues

*****

Final Grade:  B-

- SCHRADE in Akron