Boot Review - Amazing Journey

>Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 21:28:20 -0400
>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>
>Here's a superbly packaged, best-yer-gonna-get-sounding, 2-CD boot
>of The Who's 1969 September concert in Amsterdam.
[snip]

This boot comes from a privately-held source tape, from which the owner
made copies for a few trusted friends, on condition that they not reproduce
it.  Unfortunately, his trust was misplaced in one case.  Here is a bit of
his post on the subject, from last month:

>So here is my
>call to all of you: DON'T BUY THIS BOOTLEG. If you want to have a proper
>copy (unmarked), I'm willing to make copies now at cost price and handling
>costs or if someone wants to put up a tree it's fine to me. As long as you
>don't buy the bootleg! By the way, you wouldn't want an INCOMPLETE show,
>would you? Which it is. I can exactly tell you which (important) seconds are
>missing!

IOW he left out different bits in each copy he made, so not only is the
Hiwatt boot incomplete, but he can tell which "friend" made the copy for
the bootleggers.  To foil the booters, he offered to burn complete copies
on CD for anyone who wanted them, for $12 each.  I don't know whether the
offer is still open but I'll find out if there's interest.

Cheers,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend