Beatles Behemouth thing, getting into the Who

Bjorn:-
> Well you can't force anyone to it. Some people are just not into it.

I know, I never forced my friend into listening to the Who or anything, she
didn't mind to, she just didn't like them that's all.  It just baffles me
that someone would rather hear 'Oops I Did It Again' over 'My Generation'.

Scott Schrade:-
> With the marketing machine that pushes the goddamned Beatles down our
> throats, there's going to be many like you who get stuck in the trap for
> a while, or even for life.  Atleast it led you to something meatier,
beatier,
> bigger, & bouncier.  The 'orrible 'Oo!

It certainly did, I wonder if I'd never watched the Beatles Anthology, would
I like most of the bands I do now??  Maybe I would have, given time, but the
Beatles definitely kickstarted my interest in 60s music.  Didn't Shanna
mention the Beatles led her to the Who too??

How did everyone else here get into the Who??  I bet this question has been
asked a million times before I joined the list, but I'm interested to know.

from Christine