Re: Getting into the Who

> How did everyone else here get into the Who??  I bet this question has been
> asked a million times before I joined the list, but I'm interested to know.

My earliest memory of The Who was seeing them on a Rock & Roll history T.V.
special back in the late 70's.  I was waiting to see Kiss & I had to sit through
an hour of old 50's & 60's acts.  All those groups looked the same to me at that
age.  While one of these groups was playing, I remember being shocked at seeing
the drums start flying around, a guitar flying up in the air, etc., etc.  And while
that didn't make me rush out & look for Who records, the image sure stuck in my
mind.

Then in early 1982, when I was overdosing on MTV, they kept running an advert
for a Sunday night show featuring The Who.  They used "Magic Bus" in the ad &
I couldn't get that song out of my mind.  I asked my older brother if he had any
albums by this band called The Who & he said he had two.  I went into his room,
found THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT soundtrack & my life changed the moment the
needle hit the vinyl.

A few months later I bought LIVE AT LEEDS & all hell broke loose!  I still fondly
remember those days when Who exploration was still new to me.  Exciting times.

- SCHRADE in Akron