Re: today Vrs yesterdays

>Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 07:53:28 -0000
>From: "donnelly quinn" <donnellyquinn@hotmail.com>
>
>       Any comments??
>
>                             The "DOQ"

Oh yeah.  Others have mentioned the substantial contradictions in
nominating The Who as a counterexample to MORAL INDECENCY and
VIOLENCE.   I'll take the structural problems:

First, vs. not "Vrs."

>As a musical Producer in So. Utah, haveing grown up in the 60's, I'm

"having"

>so very disapointed in the directions the overall music industry has taken

"disapointed"

>in recent years. I'm extremely frustrated in knowing that there is very
>little real talent in the ART of poetic writeing, & all about given up in

"writing". "all but given up", not "all about given up".

>looking for something, or someone to INVEST in.
>I sent an E-Mail to an old friend at MCA yesterday telling him about a
>letter to the President of the USA, George Bush. The jist of it was

"gist"

>something like this:
>
>    "Mr. President,
>
>       I sincerely have to express my feelings concerning the musician
>called:'Busta Rhymes', & many others like him in the feild of "RAP".

"field"

>       I belive that an ACT OF WAR is being perpitrated upon our Youth in

"perpetrated"

>this country within the Lyrical content of said musicians music, in

"musicians'".  Plural possessive.

>the form of CONSPIRACY to insight MORAL INDECENCY by promoteing

"incite", "promoting"

>the VIOLENCE & influence of 'Islamic Gehad' aginst America.

"jihad".  Not capitalized.

>       THIS MUST STOP."
>
>       (to paraphraze myself a bit)

"paraphrase"

>     I'm not going to allow MY Childeren to be missled with CRAP like that, &

"children".  "misled".  "missled", while an interesting neologism,
would be more like what the SCUDS did in Baghdad.

>end up hurting themselves or someone else with the nonsence of

"nonsense".

>anarchy & violence. BUT, DEAR FRIENDS, I WILL gladly share with them
>the inlightening paths of bands like "THE WHO", & many, many others....

"enlightening".

Dictionary, The DOQ.  The DOQ, the dictionary. Good luck.

Also, capitalizing random Proper Nouns or TYPING entire WORDS and
PHRASES in ALL CAPS make you look like either an illiterate or a
nutcase, NEITHER OF WHICH are a GOOD IDEA when TRYING to communicate
with THE president (or anyone else, for that matter).

You're welcome,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."