Re: Lurkers Thoughts

> Zak IS a great drummer, and Zak IS NOT Keith Moon.  If you think about it,
> that statement alone could end lots of bickering that seems to go nowhere.

No bickering.  Just opinion sharing.  Sprinkled with some occassional bitching.

> In my opinion,
> the best moments to be had were any in which improvisation was the order,
> songs like AAA, and TKAAR, 515.

Don't forget "My Wife."  Some of the most memorable Pete playing I witnessed
on the tour was during "My Wife."

> During these moments the band seemed to be
> putting a stronger effort into it, which in turn was a stark contrast to
> songs in which no improvisation took place.

I don't think the effort was lacking in the more structured songs, it's just that the
improvise segments in the other songs are like recess to a grade-schooler.  Time
to get crazy!

> There are a ton of WHO "greatest hits" albums available.

A ton & a half.

> After watching a good number of live film on the band, it seems to me that
> the 'classic' WHO live sound came into play whenever Pete or Keith were at
> the top of their game.  John was always very willing and able to follow them
> into uncharted territory, but it seemed as if they were the ones who had to
> start playing at that level first.  Roger was and is a great performer, but
> to his credit he was very consistent with a kind of 'very happy to be here'
> attitude for each show.

Again, I agree.  You *know* you'll get great performances out of Roger & John.
But Pete or Keith could sometimes........waver.  And if they did, the whole band
could get pulled down.

> My favorite albums are (in no order)
> Who's Next
> LA Leeds
> Quad
> and Quad (my favorite)

Seems like all WHO-freaks like QUAD the best.  I do.  Is there anyone out there
who likes another *studio* album more than QUAD?  Of course, if you do, it won't
take away your WHO-freak status.  Might make you freakier!

- SCHRADE in Akron