RE: Ego Maximus

>From: "Jon Rhein" <rhein@betterthanlife.com>
>Subject: Re: I am Spock!
>Somehow on this list, being at all critical of anyone in the band
>or even anyone working for the band, e.g. Astley or Curbishley, is frowned
>upon.

Damn Jon, you cost me a tidy sum of money there.  I had 4/25 listed as the
date that you would throw out some sort of wide sweeping negative statement
against this list.  I must say, you've shown exceptional restraint in
lasting this long.
Who had 4/27 anyway???????

>From: Jon Rhein <rhein@betterthanlife.com>
>Subject: Re: I am Spock!
>Yeah, my reading comprehension is poor, that's why I get paid a lot of
>money to manage a technical publications department.

Oooo, you got my respect now.  How much money is that?  I bet I make more!

>I stand by what I said, it is mostly cheerleading here, and that's fine if
you're a
>cheerleader.

Go Jon go!!  Man, you're on a roll!  Why stop there?  I know you want to say
it.  Come on, let it out.  You can do it.  Here, let me help you.
I....G.....T....C  is .........
Now, you have a choice to make there to end that statement.  Let's look at
one of the most popular ones from the past.   "A kiddie list" ????  There, I
said if for you.  I know you must be exhausted from having to keep all those
negative feelings and thoughts all pent up inside you.  Get some X-lax and
let it out!  Maybe an enema bag will do the trick.

>Of course I skim, otherwise I end up reading a lot of
>comments about 'intriguing' things such as how Roger's hair color
>magically changes during a performance,
>http://www.betterthanlife.com/jon/Junk/Roger.htm or whatever.

This list, like every other list I've read has it's share of silly
conversations.  I'm just glad I have better things to do than to dig this
sort of stuff up.  What I think this list has done that others have not, is
developed a degree of respect for EVERYONE that posts.  We don't separate
ourselves into camps and make others feel bad about their posts in some sort
of juvenile attempt at making ourselves feel more important than others.

>Did I ever say it was *never* critical?  I thought I said 'almost
>never.'  Therefore, it isn't a sweeping statement, is it?

You didn't say either.  Read it for yourself above.  What you have done now
is to paint broad generalizing strokes that are insulting to the people on
this list, and shows a side of you that is not very appealing at all.
And I have to say, I have read this audiophile complaint of yours so many
times over, that it's downright boring, and causes me to agree with Schrades
assertion that it has nothing at all to do with the music anymore, but
rather with the person(s) writing it.  Funny, how it's always the same
people, and always gets the same reaction.

Kevin in VT