Pete in a box

me: "Lion King" rules!!

ML  "It's apples and oranges. As a Rock writer, Elton is a great writer for
soundtrack music. So is Sting, which is a real shame and a loss IMHO. <small
chop>  I do NOT want Pete to fall into this particular category."

keets has already responded nicely to the labelling box that you and others
want Pete to live in, but I must add.

Interesting that you define Elton John as a "Rock writer".  I would define
him as a music writer and performer.  The Rock box  is exactly the box that
we (as devotees) should NOT put Pete in.   We should especially not try to
box Pete into the category of "Rock writer".  He has rebelled against that
label and will continue to do so, it stymied him - IMHO.

While The Who certainly exists in that box, the individual members do not
and have not for years.

I say cut Pete some slack on the Broadway thing.  Open your mind, Quad may
touch you in a new way.  Besides, it doesn't seem to be getting between T &
ED at the moment.  If he were forsaking his partnership with them in favor
of Quad on Broadway, I would join the chorus of moans against it.

Jeff