Re: Schrade nails it and QUAD footage?

> I have heard a little talk about film footage of the Quadrophenia sessions.
> According to my memory (I must've read it somewhere) the sessions were
> filmed early on and then eventually shelved.  Does anyone know if this film
> exists?  I would imagine that such footage would be priceless.  Imagine if
> you will, The 'Oo recording their masterwork while at their musical peak.
> The Moonie footage alone is enough to make this camper die happy!

Here's what I've heard.  After the recording of Quadrophenia in 1973,
The Who then tried to film an in-studio performance of Quadrophenia for
use as music videos.  This was the incident where Roger punched Pete's
lights out.  What started it was that The Who ran through about half of
Quad, then Roger found out the film crew hadn't yet shot anything.  He
got mad and started yelling at them about how he was ruining his voice
for nothing.  Pete, drunk as he was at this time whenever he was with
The Who, started going after Roger with a cold cocking as the result.
It appears the filming was canceled before anything was shot.

Jeff Stein said he searched high and low for this footage and found
nothing so I think you can assume that it doesn't exist.

		-Brian in Atlanta
		 The Who This Month!
		 http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm